Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this website.
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Us”, “Our” and “We” refers to bolditalic.com.au and “You” and “Your” refers to you, the client, visitor, website user or person using our website.
Bold Italic Terms of Trade
The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
- Bold Italic Design is primarily an online business and I mainly communicate via email. However, if you would prefer a phone call, I would love to have a chat. Just email me to arrange a time.
- All prices are excluding GST unless otherwise stated.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars.
- All quotes are valid for 14 days only.
- Bold Italic Design is not responsible for increases in materials by third party services where the increases are beyond our control.
- A deposit is required before starting any contract and full payments must be finalised before the project is released for use. (The deposit amount will be specified in your proposal.)
- Invoice terms are 14 days from the date of the invoice.
- Accounts which remain outstanding for 30 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 5% of the projects costs for each month the payment is outstanding.
- If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the debt collectors)
- Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
- Whilst all care is taken by Bold Italic Design, Bold Italic Design is not responsible for any errors such as spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval by the Client.
OWNERSHIP OF FILES
- Bold Italic Design sells the client the rights to use the final output designs for the purpose of which it is intended.
- Bold Italic does not provide working files, Adobe Files or 3D Design files unless specified in the brief at the start of the project. This kind of project will be quoted differently. Any changes to this agreement will be solely up to discretion of Bold Italic Design and will be billed in addition accordingly.
- The client will remain solely liable for supplying any false or unauthorised copy or images that are provided for intended use in their project.
WEB LICENCES & HOSTING
- 3rd party licences purchased for intended use on your website are valid for your website only.
- 3rd party plugins and licences purchased by the client are to be maintained but the client.
- Hosting and Domain names purchased for/or by the client remain the property of the client and must be maintained by the client. Bold Italic Design accepts no responsibility for hosting accounts that have lapsed and website files are disrupted or deleted (Unless clients are on a current Website Care Plan).
- Bold Italic Design recommends hosting companies based on previous experience to the best of ability. However Bold Italic Design holds no responsibility for hosting downtime. Hosting downtime issues should be brought forward with the hosting provider.
- Bold Italic Design will make every effort to meet deadlines. All turnaround times are approximate. Bold Italic Design will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late deadlines.
- Bold Italic cannot guarantee the outcome of the design / web services and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavour to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern your and bolditalic.com.au’s rights and obligations to each other.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
It is an essential pre-condition to you using our website that you agree and accept that bolditalic.com.au is not legally responsible for any loss or damage you might suffer related to your use of the website, whether from errors or from omissions in our documents or information, any goods or services we may offer or from any other use of the website. This includes your use or reliance on any third party content, links, comments or advertisements. Your use of, or reliance on, any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific, personal requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT
For the purposes of Schedule 2 of the Australian Consumer Law, in particular Sections 51 to 53, 64 and 64A of Part 3-2, Division 1, Subdivision A of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), bolditalic.com.au’s liability for any breach of a term of this agreement is limited to: the supplying of the goods or services to you again; the replacement of the goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied to you again.
You must be over 18 years of age to use this website and to purchase any goods or services.
DELIVERY OF GOODS
Physical goods may be delivered by Australia Post and/or other reputable courier companies. Deliveries are processed promptly upon receipt of full payment. Delivery may take between 2 and 14 days, depending on the delivery option. Damaged or lost orders should be resolved with Australia Post or the courier company directly and we are not responsible for goods that are damaged in transit or not received. Replacement of damaged or lost items is made at the discretion of bolditalic.com.au.
Digital goods are delivered immediately. Please be aware there are inherent risks associated with downloading any software and digital goods. Should you have any technical problems downloading any of our goods, please contact us so we may try to assist you.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
bolditalic.com.au handles returns and processes refunds in accordance with the Australian Consumer Protection legislation.
Should you wish to return your order, please notify us within 14 days of purchase with a valid reason for return. If we are unable to resolve your complaint or further assist you, we will process a refund upon timely receipt of the goods purchased. Unopened goods will be refunded in full. Refunds will be processed promptly and payment made by the same method that you made payment. All refunds are made at the discretion of bolditalic.com.au.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
bolditalic.com.au may from time to time provide on its website, links to other websites, advertisements and information on those websites for your convenience. This does not necessarily imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval or arrangement between bolditalic.com.au and the owners of those websites. bolditalic.com.au takes no responsibility for any of the content found on the linked websites.
bolditalic.com.au’s website may contain information or advertisements provided by third parties for which bolditalic.com.au accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any information or advice provided to you directly by third parties. We are making a ‘recommendation’ only and are not providing any advice nor do we take any responsibility for any advice received in this regard.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, bolditalic.com.au absolutely disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. bolditalic.com.au gives no warranty that the documents, goods or services will be free of errors, or that defects will be corrected, or that our website or its server is free of viruses or any other harmful components.
Whilst we, at all times endeavour to have the most accurate, reliable and up-to-date information on our website, we do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the result of the use of any document, product, service, link or information in its website or as to their correctness, suitability, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
It is your sole responsibility and not the responsibility of bolditalic.com.au to bear any and all costs of servicing, repairs, or correction. The applicable law in your state or territory may not permit these exclusions, particularly the exclusions of some implied warranties. Some of the above may not apply to you but you must ensure you are aware of any risk you may be taking by using this website or any products or services that may be offered through it. It is your responsibility to do so.
You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email. All information we receive from our customers is protected by our secure servers. bolditalic.com.au’s secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all customer data collected is secured against unauthorized use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and assist in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
bolditalic.com.au may be required, in certain circumstances, to disclose information in good faith and where bolditalic.com.au is required to do so in the following circumstances: by law or by any court; to enforce the terms of any of our customer agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers or third parties.
EXCLUSION OF COMPETITORS
If you are in the business of creating similar documents, goods or services for the purpose of providing them for a fee to users, whether they be business users or domestic users, then you are a competitor of bolditalic.com.au. bolditalic.com.au expressly excludes and does not permit you to use or access our website, to download any documents or information from its website or obtain any such documents or information through a third party. If you breach this term then bolditalic.com.au will hold you fully responsible for any loss that we may sustain and further hold you accountable for all profits that you might make from such unpermitted and improper use. bolditalic.com.au reserves the right to exclude and deny any person access to our website, services or information in our sole discretion.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND RESTRICTIONS OF USE
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, trademarks and graphics. You are not permitted to reproduce the documents, information or materials on the website for the purposes of sale or the use by any third party. In particular you are not permitted to republish, upload, transmit electronically or otherwise or distribute any of the materials, documents or products that may be available for download from time to time on this website.
bolditalic.com.au expressly reserves all copyright and trademark in all documents, information and materials on our website and we reserve the right to take action against you if you breach any of these terms.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only; and you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
These terms and conditions represent the whole agreement between you and bolditalic.com.au concerning your use and access to bolditalic.com.au’s website and your use and access to the documents and information on it. No other term is to be included in this agreement except where it is required to be included by any legislation of the Commonwealth or any State or Territory. All implied terms except those implied by statute and which cannot be expressly excluded are hereby expressly excluded.
EXCLUSION OF UNENFORCEABLE TERMS
Where any clause or term above would by any applicable statute be illegal, void, or unenforceable in any State or Territory then such a clause shall not apply in that State or Territory and shall be deemed never to have been included in these terms and conditions in that State or Territory. Such a clause if legal and enforceable in any other State or Territory shall continue to be fully enforceable and part of this agreement in those other States and Territories. The deemed exclusion of any term pursuant to this paragraph shall not affect or modify the full enforceability and construction of the other clauses of these terms and conditions.
WEB DESIGN & GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES
To engage our services, a formal quote must be agreed. All proposals, quotes and projects are subject to the client terms included in our Web Design and Graphic Design Agreement. When you engage our services, you agree that we are reliant on the information supplied by you, the client, in order to provide the services. We cannot be held responsible for any results of our services based on such client information and we cannot be held responsible for how you choose to use the outputs of our services.
Any website designs, themes, custom code, images, graphics, photographs and other content (together “Material”) you may find on our website are owned by us or may have been created by us for our clients with permission to reproduce on our website. At no time are you permitted to copy, download, share or otherwise use this Material for any purpose. All Material on our website is copyright protected.
This agreement and this website are subject to the laws of Victoria and Australia. If there is a dispute between you and bolditalic.com.au that results in litigation then you must submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.